1. Selection of Double Degree Program Students
Graduate students at the 37 software schools in The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association 中国示范性软件联盟 can apply for this Double Degree Program (DDP). For application, please contact directly email@example.com. (The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association 中国示范性软件联盟). After you apply, the candidates of DDP students are selected by your home university and The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association. Then, the candidates are approved by CIS (Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences, Hosei University).
2. Application Process
The application materials are to be distributed from The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association via your home school in early September.
The completed application forms shall be submitted to The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association by Oct.20, 2017. The application will be processed by The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association and your home university. Please follow the instruction of The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association and your home university.
3. Documents to Be Submitted
|(1)||Application Form (DD Program Form 1 designated by CIS) with your photo of 45mm x 40mm that was taken within recent 3 months.|
|(2)||Research Plan (DD Program Form 2 designated by CIS). When writing research plan, you should mark research area(s) that you want to engage in and explain the past, present and future research that you have engaged in or want. (Note: This document is important for deciding your research supervisor at CIS. Be sure to write in detail and fill at least 80% of the form.)|
|(3)||Recommendation Letter (DD Program Form 3 designated by CIS) that is written by the dean or head of your graduate school or your research supervisor.|
|(4)||Official undergraduate transcript in English issued from the university that you graduated.|
|(5)||Official graduation certificate in English issued from the university that you graduated.|
4. Notes When Writing Application Forms
- (1) You can type in necessary information using Microsoft WORD files and print them for submission. Or you can complete application forms by handwriting using PDF outputs. However, in both cases, your signature should be handwritten.
- (2) When writing your research plan, please write your plan at Hosei University and also at your home university.
- (3) In case 3－(4) or (5) are not available at the time of application, attach Chinese version instead. English version should be submitted by 15 November, 2017.
5. Notification of Acceptance
It will be announced at the beginning of November, 2017 from your home university or The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association.
6. Entrance Procedures
(1) Administration fee of 100,000 JPY, by December 2017.
To secure your enrollment at Hosei University, you have to pay the administration fee of 100,000 JPY, by December 2017.
(a) Payment method: Credit card or Bank transfer.
Details will be announced to accepted applicants.
(b) Administration fee refund policy
The administration fee will NOT be refunded for any reasons.
(2) Tuition Fee of 300,000 JPY is to be paid by 15 May, 2018.
Educational materials, medical insurance, accommodation fees, living expenses, airfare, and other travel expenses are not included in the tuition fee.
(a) Payment method: Same as the administration fee.
(b) Tuition fee refunds
The tuition fee will be refunded for those who are forced to withdraw from the double degree program caused by inevitable reasons such as visa rejection. In such a case, you must notify Hosei University of your withdrawal and request for refund, by 31 August 2018 with the formal procedures defined by Hosei University.
(3) Following documents are to be submitted by 15 June, 2018.
The entrance procedure will be sent to you after the notification of acceptance. However, please prepare for the following documents that will be necessary for your visa application.
(a) Two photos of 3cm x 3cm that were taken within the last 3 months
(b) Documents related to Application for Certificate of Eligibility
After completing the entrance procedure and receiving tuition fee, Hosei University will apply for the Certificate of Eligibility to Regional Immigration Bureau on your behalf. The necessary documents are as follows.
- 1. Application For Certificate Of Eligibility
- A photo of 4cm in height and 3cm taken within the last 3 months
- A copy of your passport (The page that photo, personal information and passport number are given.)
(c) A copy of the bank transfer receipt of your administration fee and tuition fee
7. Contact Information
If you have any questions, please contact:
- Academic Affairs Section of Graduate Schools, Hosei University
- 3-7-2 Kajino-cho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo Japan, 184-8585
- Phone: +81-42-387-6036 FAX: +81-42-387-6048／E-mail:firstname.lastname@example.org