1. Selection of Double Degree Program Students
Graduate students at the 37 software schools in The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association 中国示范性软件学院联盟 can apply for this Double Degree Program (DDP). For application, please contact directly email@example.com. (The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association 中国示范性软件学院联盟). After you apply, the candidates of DDP students are selected by your home university and The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association. Then, the candidates are approved by CIS (Graduate School of Computer and Information Sciences, Hosei University).
2. Application Process
The application materials are to be distributed from The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association via your home school in early September. The completed application forms shall be submitted to The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association by Oct. 20, 2021. In parallel with the above submission, be sure to send the application files (in PDF) to the Hosei email address shown below*. The application will be processed by The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association and your home university. Please follow the instruction of The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association and your home university.
*email addree to Hosei University Graduate Schools Section (Koganei Campus): *firstname.lastname@example.org
‣ You can download the application materials from below,too:
3. Documents to Be Submitted
|(1)||Application Form (DD Program Form 1 designated by CIS) with your photo of 45mm x 40mm that was taken within recent 3 months. Please fill in the “フリガナ” field with the KATAKANA name you prefer to use while studying at Hosei University. If you don’t have any idea of KATAKANA name, we will suggest you later.|
|(2)||Research Plan (DD Program Form 2 designated by CIS). When writing research plan, you should mark research area(s) that you want to engage in and explain the past, present and future research that you have engaged in or want. (Note: This document is important for deciding your research supervisor at CIS. Be sure to write in detail and fill at least 80% of the form.)|
|(3)||Recommendation Letter (DD Program Form 3 designated by CIS) that is written by the dean or head of your graduate school or your research supervisor.|
|(4)||Official undergraduate transcript in English issued from the university that you graduated. And official English score CET, TOEIC, TOEFL, etc…|
|(5)||Official graduation certificate in English issued from the university that you graduated.|
4. Notes When Writing Application Forms
- (1) You can type in necessary information using Microsoft WORD files and print them for submission. Or you can complete application forms by handwriting using PDF outputs. However, in both cases, your signature should be written by hand. “Application Form 1” needs to be written in English.
- (2) When writing your research plan, please write your plan in English either at Hosei University and at your home university.
- (3) Recommendation Letter should be written in English with a proposer’s hand-written signature.
- (4) In case that 3.－(4) or/and (5) are not available at the term of application, submit Chinese version instead. English version should be submitted later, however, please inform by email when you can submit. The second deadline (target) may be November 15, 2021.
- (5) If you cannot submit the original document of your undergraduate transcript and/or graduation certificate, please submit a copy of those along with “Certification” issued by the Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association, as verification.
5. Notification of Acceptance
It will be announced by the end of November, 2021 from your home university or The Pilot Software Engineering Schools Association.
6. Entrance Procedures
(1) Administration fee (100,000 JPY) is to be paid by December 31, 2021.To secure your enrollment at Hosei University, you have to pay the administration fee of 100,000 JPY by December 31, 2021.
(a) Payment method: Credit card, Bank transfer or AlipayGo to the following website (WU GlobalPay for Students) for making payment.
Details will be informed to accepted applicants.
(b) Administration fee refund policyThe administration fee will NOT be refunded for any reasons.
(2) Tuition Fee (300,000 JPY) is to be paid by May 15, 2022.Educational materials, medical insurance, accommodation fees, living expenses, airfare, and other travel expenses are not included in the tuition fee.
(a) Payment method: Same as the administration fee.
(b) Tuition fee refundsThe tuition fee will be refunded for those who are forced to withdraw from the double degree program caused by inevitable reasons such as visa rejection. In such a case, you must notify Hosei University of your withdrawal and request for refund, by 31 August 2021 with the formal procedures defined by Hosei University.
(3) Following documents are to be submitted by June 15, 2022.The entrance procedure will be sent to you after the notification of acceptance. However, please prepare in advance for the following documents that will be necessary for your visa application, etc.
(a) Two photos of 3cm x 3cm that were taken within the last 3 months
These photos will be used for your Student ID registration.
(b) A photo and Documents for the Application of “Certificate of Eligibility”Once you complete the entrance procedure and the tuition fee payment, Hosei University will apply for the “Certificate of Eligibility” to Regional Immigration Bureau on your behalf. The necessary documents you need to submit to Hosei University are as follows.
- Application For “Certificate Of Eligibility”
- Application forms (Excel file) will be sent to you from Hosei University on April.
- Please definitely use the forms provided by Hosei University
- Home page address of Regional Immigration Bureau (FYI):
- A photo of 4cm in height and 3cm in width taken within the last 3 months
- A copy of your passport (The page that photo, personal information and passport number are identified.)
(c) A copy of the receipt of your payment for the tuition fee (The screenshot of the last page of “WU GlobalPay for Students”)
7. Contact Information
- Graduate Schools Section at Koganei Campus, Hosei University
- Mailing Address: 3-7-2 Kajino-cho, Koganei-shi, Tokyo Japan, 184-8584
- Phone: +81-42-387-6029 / FAX: +81-42-387-6048 E-mail: email@example.com